Working Hard...
Working very hard, twelve hours already today and maybe a bit more later tonight after a late dinner, but it's definitely a lovely place to work hard! Plus the food is amazing, they make my bed for me (well they would, but I don't let them....), and there's a pool, sauna, hot tub, and gym - all outdoors, surrounded by tropical vegetation and flowers - none of which I've used yet, BUT I WILL!
The Spanish is going pretty well, and ... what else can I tell you...
My head is mostly filled with mundane details about the website, media, communications, press releases, the reception for 200 people that the hotel realized it doesn't really have room for, and other blah blah blah...
I posted some photos below. The first two are the view from my balcony, the next are shots of Antigua, and the girl weaving is Angelina, who is 21. The piece she's working on has been worked on for three months already by her, her sister, and her grandmother. It has intricate shapes of animals woven in. The lady in the door is Julia, with baby Guadeloupe. Julia's mother, Maria, was also in the shop, as well as 8 year old Clara whose favorite subject is math and her teacher's name is Celia. We met them yesterday when we were touring with Ana. So lovely.
The Spanish is going pretty well, and ... what else can I tell you...
My head is mostly filled with mundane details about the website, media, communications, press releases, the reception for 200 people that the hotel realized it doesn't really have room for, and other blah blah blah...
I posted some photos below. The first two are the view from my balcony, the next are shots of Antigua, and the girl weaving is Angelina, who is 21. The piece she's working on has been worked on for three months already by her, her sister, and her grandmother. It has intricate shapes of animals woven in. The lady in the door is Julia, with baby Guadeloupe. Julia's mother, Maria, was also in the shop, as well as 8 year old Clara whose favorite subject is math and her teacher's name is Celia. We met them yesterday when we were touring with Ana. So lovely.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home