Call Me CRAZY
but I miss the prairies. There's nothing like a good, old-fashioned blizzard, the likes of which I haven't seen since the night I drove home in the blizzard that caused the first closing of the University of Calgary in it's entire history, or the night I tried driving Hwy 2 from Calgary to Innisfail in blinding snow, where I just hoped the road didn't curve when a semi passed me, cuz I couldn't see the road AT ALL so just tried to stay straight despite the ice and wind that sent me fishtailing each time. I spent the night sleeping in a booth in the Humpty's Restaurant on the highway, past Airdrie. Ohhhhh, good times. We haven't had a snow day in O
ttawa EVER since I moved here.
Good luck prairie people! Stay safe.
(Not to belittle or be-fun it - I know how dangerous and stressful they are... Take care those of you out there!!!!!!)
(Pic is of the view outside in Saskatoon, thanks Grrrl!
Good luck prairie people! Stay safe.
(Not to belittle or be-fun it - I know how dangerous and stressful they are... Take care those of you out there!!!!!!)
(Pic is of the view outside in Saskatoon, thanks Grrrl!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home