Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Unemployment TO DO List

  1. Doctor's Apt
  2. Haircut
  3. Get keys cut
  4. Vet Apt for Coal
  5. Bank Apt (to switch banks)
  6. Sign up for Spanish intensive course if I can afford it (yeah right)
  7. Visit Bellerae (mentoring)
  8. Job Search every day
  9. Gym every day
  10. Study Spanish every day
  11. Declutter & throw shit OUT
  12. Secret work contract
  13. Masters Application
  14. Buy groceries (what a CONCEPT)
  15. Try to "take advantage" of time off by fitting in some fun stuff like bike rides etc...

Who says unemployed people have nothing to do? Life was less busy when I had a job. I am usually the most stressed out unemployed person I've ever met. In my perfectionism I put so much pressure on myself to take advantage of the time "off" that I end up stressed out and anxious.

And it's a BEAUTIFUL day. I feel guilty for not being out enjoying it...

So I feel guilty unless

  1. The house is spotless
  2. I cook the most perfectly healthy yet locally grown and "in season" meal possible
  3. I have excercised sufficiently
  4. I have sufficiently enjoyed the "time off" as everyone says I should since I have it
  5. I have studied Spanish
  6. I have done a thorough job search for the day
  7. I have not slept in too much
  8. Returned all calls and emails
  9. etc etc etc etc etc
ensuring that everyday without a job is a veritable cacophony of guilt and unaccomplished deeds and expectations. After all, I have ALL THIS TIME ON MY HANDS DON'T YOU KNOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home