Madness
Alright. Remember when I went on the chick lit stream and had the big "reading plan" tied in with the movie versions and recent book adaptations of Pride and Prejudice , continuing on to Canadian chick lit, etc yadda yadda??
And then there was the Hepburn obsession, where I had a Katherine Hepburn film fest night and then bought the box set of Audrey Hepburn and blah blah?
WELL.
It is time for a new obsessive compulsive tangent. It's been awhile since I obsessed about anything besides my peeing cat whose aversion to the terrifying world of the litter box could prove fatal, and in the interest of having conversations that don't revolve around urine, I decide to obsess for awhile about.... wait for it....
Othello.
Here's why. There's an Indian adaptation of Othello playing at my cheap theatre. On the web site they have a very nice run-down of some of the more famous adaptations. It made me giddy. SO. Here's how the excitement will play out.
But before I tell you, I have to warn you that when I use the word "excitement", you need to watch out. Because, my friends, it could lead to the kind of out-of-control, pee your pants, racous fun such as this.
OK. Now that you are forwarned, you may procede - but with caution. (Those with heart problems or high blood pressure may wish to do some deep breathing in preparation.)
So. First, I will re-read the grand-daddy, Shakespeare's Othello. Probably. Depending how lazy I am. Then I will watch Orson Welles' version, then Laurence Olivier's, then the 1995 one, then the 2001 version called "O", then Omkara, the Indian version. Good times baby!
Stop in your tracks exciting, I know. There's also a version at Stratford Festival this year, with nudity, but tickets cost $900 million, so I doubt I'll be going. But you never know. That would be very cool. And I've never been to Niagra Falls.
So maybe it's time for a road trip. And maybe I can get the Book-on-Tape for the drive, just to up the excitement level EVEN MORE.
I bet you wish you were here.
And then there was the Hepburn obsession, where I had a Katherine Hepburn film fest night and then bought the box set of Audrey Hepburn and blah blah?
WELL.
It is time for a new obsessive compulsive tangent. It's been awhile since I obsessed about anything besides my peeing cat whose aversion to the terrifying world of the litter box could prove fatal, and in the interest of having conversations that don't revolve around urine, I decide to obsess for awhile about.... wait for it....
Othello.
Here's why. There's an Indian adaptation of Othello playing at my cheap theatre. On the web site they have a very nice run-down of some of the more famous adaptations. It made me giddy. SO. Here's how the excitement will play out.
But before I tell you, I have to warn you that when I use the word "excitement", you need to watch out. Because, my friends, it could lead to the kind of out-of-control, pee your pants, racous fun such as this.
OK. Now that you are forwarned, you may procede - but with caution. (Those with heart problems or high blood pressure may wish to do some deep breathing in preparation.)
So. First, I will re-read the grand-daddy, Shakespeare's Othello. Probably. Depending how lazy I am. Then I will watch Orson Welles' version, then Laurence Olivier's, then the 1995 one, then the 2001 version called "O", then Omkara, the Indian version. Good times baby!
Stop in your tracks exciting, I know. There's also a version at Stratford Festival this year, with nudity, but tickets cost $900 million, so I doubt I'll be going. But you never know. That would be very cool. And I've never been to Niagra Falls.
So maybe it's time for a road trip. And maybe I can get the Book-on-Tape for the drive, just to up the excitement level EVEN MORE.
I bet you wish you were here.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home