Saturday, July 22, 2006

Burley's New Bikes!!!!!

The last couple of weeks I have been blessed by a stellar improvement in my fleet*. I am now the proudest owner of two of the nicest, bestest, coolest, beeeyooootifullest new bikes that I have ever seen. I have to by new sunglasses now, because I am. so. fast.

Unbeknownst to me, and well-known to everyone else in town, there has been a road bike in the works for me for months, and last weekend it was built and presented to me! It is my dream road bike. It is a Surly Cross Check** (black) with PINK handlebar tape. The components on it are beautiful. I have had a Surly t-shirt (the Surly girlie t) for about two years, and have always wanted a Surly bike. After all? It rhymes with Burley. And? They sell flasks for your bikes. So now, I'm going to go out and get myself a t-shirt for a single-engine Cessna and see what happens...

Then, knownst to me, I was getting a new downhill bike, but unbeknownst to me (and again, well-knownst to everyone else in town) was what kind (and most importantly, what color). Well, it finally arrived this week, and it's an amazing Giant Team DH (royal blue). Again, awesome components. Imagine how good I'm going to be now! (wink, wink...) It has so much travel in the shocks, that I can sit on my seat and go off a curb, and not even feel it. But it still handles like a dream. I've tried a lot of friends' big bikes, and the best one I ever tried (for me) was Sheila's - - - which is the '06 version of my new bike! Whoo Hoooo!

I am beside myself with excitement. I dream about bikes at night.

And the very cool and sweet thing, is that everything was a surprise. I'm not kidding, everyone knew what kind of DH bike I was getting, except me. And no one told. And everyone was excited for me and kept asking about it and nudging each other, with their big collective secret. And if someone didn't know, someone else whispered it in their ear, and then they'd grin and say "Ohhh, you're going to be so happy...!" Very cool. AND, everyone knew I was getting the new road bike, and NO ONE told me. I did not even know I was GETTING a new bike. I love my friends..... :-) :-) :-)


But the best part? The very best part?



Is the shiny new Salsa seat clamp. :-) I LOVE my friends.


* Pictures soon.
** In case you didn't guess, the Surly guys have a very ironic sense of humour. I don't wear that when I ride my Cross Check... :-) (or maybe I do...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home