Long Lost Blogger...
When SeanieO writes elaborate comments about my absense, and wonder of wonders, my FATHER posts a comment on my blog (after leaving messages on every other communication device I own), it's time to check in and face the music for being MIA*. I went from having 0 jobs to having 2 jobs, and my blogging is suffering. I leave the house usually around 6:45 am and return often around 12 or 12:30 am, sometimes with a quick stop-in to feed the cats and scoop their boxes (I know, my life is sooo glamourous, eat your heart out) before heading out again to some function or another.
My poor dad - he's so calm and easy-going, that you never know that he's thinking
you're dead in a ditch somewhere. My mom would call and leave a message like "O MY GOD WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU I KNOW YOU ARE DEAD IN AN ALLEY I'M CALLING THE FBI". My dad on the other hand leaves a message like "Hey, good race time! Call me sometime..." Doesn't betray urgency... I'm not good at picking up on subtlety I see... Poor old dad. :-)
The good news however, is that even while the black hole (or should I say red hole) of my visa eats my "double" paycheck (not), I have not missed a single weekday at the gym. This is week 8. Even the day I had the breakfast meeting at 7:45 am. I got up at 5:30 and went. Even the day I slept over at a friend's due to a conference. I got up early and went for a run. I know. Who is this person and what have you done with the REAL Kim?!?!?!
Bruise Season has begun, as the hill opened 2 weeks ago. I have my first mountain biking bruise, and it's a goody. The sad part is I don't have a good story to go along with it - I don't even know how it happened. Perhaps I've started blocking out the trauma related to downhilling. :-)
I promise to keep you better posted, and let you know how the rides go.
xoxo
*No, seanieo, not the Ethiopian rap star.
My poor dad - he's so calm and easy-going, that you never know that he's thinking
The good news however, is that even while the black hole (or should I say red hole) of my visa eats my "double" paycheck (not), I have not missed a single weekday at the gym. This is week 8. Even the day I had the breakfast meeting at 7:45 am. I got up at 5:30 and went. Even the day I slept over at a friend's due to a conference. I got up early and went for a run. I know. Who is this person and what have you done with the REAL Kim?!?!?!
Bruise Season has begun, as the hill opened 2 weeks ago. I have my first mountain biking bruise, and it's a goody. The sad part is I don't have a good story to go along with it - I don't even know how it happened. Perhaps I've started blocking out the trauma related to downhilling. :-)
I promise to keep you better posted, and let you know how the rides go.
xoxo
*No, seanieo, not the Ethiopian rap star.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home