Saturday, May 27, 2006

I got my bib on, my shoes are shined, and I'm off to the races...

I'm about to head over to "run for Rae". Her and her dad were intending to be at the finish line but unfortunately she's not feeling well and is spending the day in the hospital on IV. So, I'm sending her lots of love and good energy while I run in her honor.

Given the status of the stickers on my calendar I gave myself two treats today:

1) For getting to the gym every weekday for an entire month, I got a pair of Lulumon running shorts.

2) For getting up early to go to the gym everyday BEFORE work this week, hence completely obliterating CBC time (I didn't listen to the CBC for 5 days STRAIGHT. I know. The sky nearly fell.) I bought myself a pocket radio that actually tunes and can find the CBC (unlike my prior ones). And because I always end up leaving the radio on until the bat runs out, I also bought a battery charger and batteries.

Treats!!! It was fun. And I deserved it.

And you know what else I deserve? This running skort (link removed). I loved it and nearly bought it. But, reason prevailed - even though I do look very cute and sporty in it, they only had small and I wanted a medium, plus I couldn't justify it (especially for something that I only wear to run and I'd have to buy a top to match and costs $55 and I don't even run but I want the bling skort...) and opted for the more practical and versatile black Lulumons. Sigh.

Anyways, the capital was abuzz this morning with heaps of people walking around with the orange and white plastic ING Direct bags containing race kits, and snatches of conversations about gel packs and "how many k's" were wafting over downtown.

I went to pick up my race kit last night, and it was amazing. There are around 30,000 people running, and yet it took me less than 5 minutes to go to 3 stations to pick up my race kit. Amazingly well organized. You have never seen so many fit people in all your life, wandering around the expo of related booths... I was hoping that no one would notice that I'm a big huge faker. :-) :-) :-)

Alright, I'm outta here. I have my good luck rock and my pink bandana, and I'm off to the races... :-) Tee hee....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home