
I watched
Frida last night. I
loved it. (Movie based on the life of Mexican painter Frida Khalo, and her husband, painter Diego Rivera). They took ten or so of her paintings that portreyed various points in her life, and used them in the film, creating 3-D versions of her paintings. As well, many scenes looked like still-life paintings (the oranges on the wood plank floor of the trolley car, etc). It was a beautiful movie. It's one I've been meaning to see for a long time. I watched a tiny bit of the special features, and I am very impressed by the director,
Julie Taymor. God love the internet, because I can so easily go to
IMDb.com and see the other films she's directed, and then seek them out. This is a whole new idea to me (duh!). And the other bonus for this movie? Salma-I'm-not-very-hot-at-all-Hayek is beautiful and her acting is so good. And she makes out with other smokin-hot chicks. Or that's what I
would say if I didn't know that members of my family read this blog.
;-)
1 Comments:
What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home