Friday, April 28, 2006

It's Raining Men, Hallelujah!

The line up for Blues Fest was announced. Have you seen it yet? Etta James is coming!

Check it out here
.


Ani Difranco and Michael Franti on the same night, fun! Also I love Corb Lund (from Alberta!) and Great Big Sea who are also playing together in one night. OH HOW FUN!!!!! What a bouncy, jumping around night that will be!

Aaaannnnddddd the best news of all, is the big disco contingency, Gloria Gaynor, Sister Sledge, and KC & Sunshine Band! All in one night!!!! Imagine how much that night will kick ass! (It's Raining Men, I Will Survive, We Are Family, Play That Funky Music, Get Down Tonight....) There will have to be some serious preparation for that night.

I can't wait until my bluesy friends tell me which awesome blues acts to see, since I need to be tutored as usually I don't recognize the names of the good blues bands.

The Jazz Fest has some fabu acts this year too. About a month ago I seriously said these words: "I would give my left arm, or even my right arm, to see the Blind Boys of Alabama play before they die." Then 2 weeks later they announced them for Jazz Fest! I called my friend instantly and we pledged to go come hell or high water. There's now a major glitch in that plan but I'll keep you posted. The other exciting one is the Preservation Hall Jazz Band (from the infamous Preservation Hall on Bourban Street in New Orleans)... As well, Bedouin Sound Clash and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. The sad thing about jazz fest is that the shows usually cost a bloody fortune (I haven't checked yet) and therefore I've never yet gone. But the Blind Boys will be worth every penny. Plus the six hour all-night-drive that it may cause me to do post-show... (????)

Now just waiting til the folk fest is announced... I love summer!!! Whee!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

5/17/2006 4:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home