Thursday, March 02, 2006

Starstruck

I went to this today with the ever-cool WB. It was awesome! They had members of Canada's 2006 Paralympic Team, the Prime Minister Whose Name Must Not Be Mentioned made a stiff and heart...stiff speech, an amazing choir from an Ottawa school (oops.. forget which school) sang, mounties in red stood at attention, tons of media were there, the setting (The Great Hall of the Mus of Civ - totem poles etc) was beautiful, and it was all very lovely and inspiring. I am glad I went. It was very exciting to see the athletes, and so now I'm famous*.

And. Guess. what. Rick Mercer was there. Seriously. The man I am going to marry, was there, shooting an episode of Rick Mercer Report. We were casually hanging about the Grand Hall or Great Hall or whatever, when the hyper-observant WB casually said, "Hey. Isn't that your guy? Rick Mercer?" I'm all.. "No, are you smoking cra--- Ack! OMG! It's him! He's right there and I'm standing right here and he's just standing there and we're right here OMG!!!!!" in my usual calm, cool, and collected demeanour. I proceded to stare with my mouth wide open until the sensible WB took my arm and said "um, maybe we should go sit down..." (far away, over here, was his hidden subtext, in case you didn't pick it up) to save my reputation and move himself away from the embarrassing puddle of drool on the floor.

So, you should watch RMR on Tuesday at 8, since I am famous*. Oh, and that's on CBC in case you mistakenly thought that there were other channels.

xoxo

*I am famous any time I come within 7 provinces of someone cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home