New Guest at the Kitty B&B
Coal is sitting on the floor beside me whining in alarm, trying to alert me to the fact that *stage whisper* there is a strange cat in that room over there! Indeed, the chunky monkey is not mistaken. We have a new foster cat today. She is a 3 year old silver persian! We have never had a persian before, and she is very lovely (and doesn't she know it).
She's a funny beast with her little smushed in face - she made herself right at home, and seems quite friendly and not at all nervous as they usually are when they arrive. I have never seen a persian in real life before, and she is the strangest-looking little thing! She looks more like a dog than a cat.
Apparently she needs dental surgery but she hasn't been eating in the shelter and has just started to sneeze, and she needs to be eating heartily before she can go in for surgery, so that's our mission. They sent her to the right place, as I'm sure Coal can give her a few pointers about how to eat your weight in small brown pellets, and how to scratch on the scratching post if you want a treat. (You get yelled at or squirted with water if you scratch the couch, but only if they catch you.)
The vet tech forgot to tell me her name and I think she was a surrender as opposed to a stray, so I'm waiting to find out how she prefers to be addressed so that I don't offend her.
I'll post pics as soon as she consents to a photo shoot.
She's a funny beast with her little smushed in face - she made herself right at home, and seems quite friendly and not at all nervous as they usually are when they arrive. I have never seen a persian in real life before, and she is the strangest-looking little thing! She looks more like a dog than a cat.
Apparently she needs dental surgery but she hasn't been eating in the shelter and has just started to sneeze, and she needs to be eating heartily before she can go in for surgery, so that's our mission. They sent her to the right place, as I'm sure Coal can give her a few pointers about how to eat your weight in small brown pellets, and how to scratch on the scratching post if you want a treat. (You get yelled at or squirted with water if you scratch the couch, but only if they catch you.)
The vet tech forgot to tell me her name and I think she was a surrender as opposed to a stray, so I'm waiting to find out how she prefers to be addressed so that I don't offend her.
I'll post pics as soon as she consents to a photo shoot.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home