Job Postings
Hey all, as many of you know I'm job searching right now. Just thought I'd mention it, so that if any postings come across your desk you'd think to send them my way. You know, non-profit projects, social research, jobs for cbc junkies, or other nerdy stuff.
Not you though, S.O., as I quit college chem and physics after I spent the first day in the lab alone and crying because I couldn't callibrate my thermometre or whatever it is that is sooo essential to your mark according to the nazzi who was teaching the class. Labs give me the shivers... all those flesh-eating, flammable substances and processes that require an attention span... eek - cold chills.
email me stuff at kdmacken {at} yahooooooooo (dot) com
Thanks dudes! xoxo
Not you though, S.O., as I quit college chem and physics after I spent the first day in the lab alone and crying because I couldn't callibrate my thermometre or whatever it is that is sooo essential to your mark according to the nazzi who was teaching the class. Labs give me the shivers... all those flesh-eating, flammable substances and processes that require an attention span... eek - cold chills.
email me stuff at kdmacken {at} yahooooooooo (dot) com
Thanks dudes! xoxo
3 Comments:
Wow harsh words :)
Like KD hasn't convinced you of the wonderful world of physics. Curled in his arms as he reads the works of Feynman gently to you.
True, true. I have read most of the Feynman's myself, as well as Stephen Hawking. It's not physics and chem - I liked them. It's labs. I am afraid of things with moving parts (like machines and motors), I am afraid of toxic substances, I am afraid of flammable things. Kind of like my fear of people who go down stairs backwards. (seriously, no joke.) In high school I was shocked that they let us near all those scary chemically bits...(you need to use a fume hood so that you don't die?!?!) and yet they wouldn't let us go on a canoe trip in PE because the girls the previous year got sunburned! (Do I have to remind you again that I am NEUROTIC.)
And in college I was the last one in the lab, all alone, trying to callibrate the thermometre. It was very traumatic. I cried. Heebie jeebies. Reading is much safer.
Hm. The time stamp on this thing is wrong. I posted this at 11:30. I'll have to fix that.
Post a Comment
<< Home