How Was Savion, You Ask?
Phenomenal. Dude can twitch his nose and 17 sounds come from his feet, so imagine what happens when he moves! There were times he'd barely move his feet, just sorta shuffle from one foot to the other, and 720 sounds would come out. Unreal.
Savion jam
med with an awesome jazz band of little old black men who could plaaaaaaay... They had a horn player (who also played sax and flute), a piano man, a stand-up base guy, and a percussionist, plus the magical feet of Savion. They played smooth Miles Davis-y jazz and some bluesy stuff, and Savion's feet were a blur. He's amazing. He ripped rhythms that made my ears spin and my eyes cross. I have no idea how people sat still. I couldn't, and neither did the six year old on the booster seat next to me. That kid was into it!
The best part was when he would jam with each musician. They'd do a call and response thing, where for example, the sax guy would blow a phrase, and Savion would reply by riffing it with his feet. He was so into the music that he'd lose track of the audience sometimes and just play around with the musicians. He is also a really warm and sweet guy who seems like someone you'd like to hang out with.
And. Patience Higgins. Say it to yourself. That is the name of the horn player. Patience Higgins. Is that not the BEST name ever?!?! Seriously!
Really, really great show. As predicted, I decided that this time not only do I need to bust out the tap shoes again, but I also decided that the two pairs that currently sit in my old blue trunk in the hall are not sufficient, and I really need to get me some new shoes and find me a studio with some beat up hard wood floors, bring along some CDs by old dead people who rip, and beat up the floor a little.
Edit: I like cwang's thoughts on Savion: here.
Savion jam
The best part was when he would jam with each musician. They'd do a call and response thing, where for example, the sax guy would blow a phrase, and Savion would reply by riffing it with his feet. He was so into the music that he'd lose track of the audience sometimes and just play around with the musicians. He is also a really warm and sweet guy who seems like someone you'd like to hang out with.
And. Patience Higgins. Say it to yourself. That is the name of the horn player. Patience Higgins. Is that not the BEST name ever?!?! Seriously!
Really, really great show. As predicted, I decided that this time not only do I need to bust out the tap shoes again, but I also decided that the two pairs that currently sit in my old blue trunk in the hall are not sufficient, and I really need to get me some new shoes and find me a studio with some beat up hard wood floors, bring along some CDs by old dead people who rip, and beat up the floor a little.
Edit: I like cwang's thoughts on Savion: here.
1 Comments:
Thank you for the link! I linked, you back.
Post a Comment
<< Home