Friday, March 10, 2006

Guess who CANNOT wait for Saturday night...


"Fresh from a sold-out New York season, Savion Glover is simply the finest tap dancer in history. This Tony award-winning knockout has feet that speak a language fluent in jazz, hip-hop, rock’ n’ roll, and rhythm-and-blues. An exhilarating evening of dance performed to live jazz, Improvography opens with heart-stopping solo work by Savion Glover, followed by brilliant new choreography created and performed by Glover and his extraordinary Ti Dii dance troupe." - NAC

I have had my tickets for this for centuries, since way back in 19-aught-12 when I had a job and felt rich. I cannot wait - I have loved Savion since I was 14 or so and saw him in Tap... Dude. So. excited. Stay tuned for the gushing review...


After I saw the doc Ballet Russe I came home and started looking up ballet classes
thinking I should really get back and take some ballet classes again. After I came home from the Merce Cunningham show I looked up the modern dance classes, and decided I'd definitely take some modern classes again. And seeing how I'm never predictable, I doubt I will come home from this positive that I need to do tap again... :-)

Another thing that I surely won't do is inform you of my forthcoming marriage to Mr. Glover.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/12/2006 11:46 p.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

Savion was amazing! I also saw the merce cunningham performance. Which was gorgeous also! I have reviews/thoughts about them on my blog too.

3/13/2006 11:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home