Sunday, March 26, 2006

FOR MUGGLES WHO WISH THEY WEREN'T (or, god bless the internet)

I bid you. Check out this website. It quite simply may be the single coolest thing I have ever seen on the internet.

This is a revolutionary website that gives Muggle who dream of being accepted into Hogwarts one day, the next best thing. A house with magic passageways and secret slides. Oh my heavens, I just might pee my pants. Really.
Pull a favorite book from your library shelf and watch a cabinet section recess to reveal a hidden passageway.
First, click on "Features". Read the brief descriptions. Then, click on "Video". First click on the ones at the top, entitled Scanner, Niche, Stairway, Bookcase. Then click on each of the animations, labelled 1 to 10. I point you especially in the direction of the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life, number 4.

This post is dedicated to my brother and his wife who I am certain will have this in their house some day. This is so them. I'm pretty sure that S & L will as well. And, believe you me, so will I. This is not an empty promise. My life will not be complete until I have the bookshelf, the chair, and the staircase, oh - and maybe the clock.

Incidentally, when I was a child, my great-grandfather's ancient farmhouse had secret rooms. In each bedroom, at the back of the closet, was a door into a secret room. I know. Grandkid heaven.

Hat tip to Doppelganger for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home