Crowns!
Pure joy! I went to see Crowns last night, a gospel musical at the NAC. It was just beautiful! So upbeat and lovely. Their voices were - - - A. MAZING!! So were the musicians. I didn't want it to end. I could have listened to them all night, and at the end I swear I wanted them to start again from the beginning right that minute! They took my breath away. My face hurt from smiling. It was sooo. good. Ugh. Their voices went right into me.
It was awesome. We sat in the front row - I could literally see them spit. And I was chastised for my short skirt from the stage! Really! Very, very, very cool. (It wasn't THAT short... :-) ) So amazing.

“Have you ever seen a show that makes you want to go to the box office and buy tickets for all your friends? Crowns is one of those shows.” – Talkin’ Broadway.com It's true!!The show runs through until this Saturday at the NAC. If you have a chance to go, you won't regret it.
“Crowns is a soul-stirring, hip-swaying spectacle.” – The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Totally.
“A lot of women can plop a hat on their head, but they can’t carry it off unless they have the attitude to go with it. That’s what I call ‘hattitude’.” – Velma in Crowns The women were awesome - funny, beautiful, and their VOICES!!
A colourful, captivating, joyous musical, inspired by the black women of the deep South and their legendary “hattitude”!
It was awesome. We sat in the front row - I could literally see them spit. And I was chastised for my short skirt from the stage! Really! Very, very, very cool. (It wasn't THAT short... :-) ) So amazing.
"Adapted from the book of striking photographs of African-American women resplendent in the Sunday millinery, this roof-raising gospel musical will blast the winter blues right out of your soul." --NAC
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home