BOOKS Update n'all
Haven't mentioned this lately. I finished Uprooting Racism last week, and then finished Naked on the weekend. Nakedis very funny. His writing style is awesome.(Re-read that first sentence. I wish I'd finished uprooting racism! How good would that be! Sadly, I just finished the book Uprooting Racism: How White People Can Work for Social Justice. It was super-interesting. I loved it and I learned a lot. Some of the statistics would blow your mind. In a bad way. I may do a post on it this week, since sometimes I have to get stuff off my chest here. Then again, maybe not. We'll see.)
I'm double-fisting books this month. I'm reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
and Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby at the same time. I bought PS upon recommendation of Doppelganger. It's a year of Hornby's reading, month by month, interspersed with his comments on life - what books he bought, what books he's read each month. He, like me, and most bookophiles I know, buys more books than he can possibly read. Plus, his thoughts on each book is affected by what's happening in his life at the time. I can't read it all in one go though, otherwise it starts turning into just a list of books in my bemuddled brain. Plus Harry is borrowed and so I wanted to get a start on it ASAP. I've heard good things about the Half-Blood Prince from Hogwart's experts SO, WB, and RB, and I managed to convince a very excited and very sweet RB not to tell me who dies - - - but just barely. :-) :-)
I don't know how l
ong she can hold it in, so I'm gonna read it as quickly as I can because I'd hate for her to burst. :-) :-) Who else would I go see flicks like Eight Below with then, were she to burst?? And especially since I just found out the movie version of Charlotte's Web is coming out soon, and I'm gonna do my very best to convince her to let me tag along when she and her dad go... :-)