Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Whoa... don't know who the grumposuarus is that wrote that entry below, but she's pretty grumpy! Glad I don't have to live with her...

Just got back from Spanish. I am still dumb, but I remembered that I love Spanish. I just can't get over the difference - going from being immersed, where your ears know how to listen, and I could at least distinguish the words - even if I didn't know what it meant, I could distinguish between words and I knew what word they were saying, and I could understand based on context. I truly felt like I spoke Spanish. Now, doing only 2 out of 168 hours per week, that is just not happening AT ALL (ask my lovely friend Karen - she tested me, and was totally thinking "wha? have you taken a spanish class in your life????") and I was finding it incredibly frustrating, wondering what the shmism happened to my spanish! I thought I must have been captured by aliens and that part of my brain erased. All that Peru money gone - unilingual for the rest of my sad life.

Now I realize what is happening, and while it's still incredibly frustrating that the change it could be so severe and so quick, at least I know. So, I'm going to try to listen to 15 min per day on the net of Spanish news (pro'ly BBC - anyone know any other good ones?) plus not do my homework prior to 15 minutes before class (rebelling, remember?), and study 1 night a week. So: plan: listen 15 min/day. Do homework on Wednesdays while fresh, to reinforce. Study on Mondays to get brain working so that I absorb stuff on Tuesday classes rather than sitting there wondering why the pigock I can't understand what in tadmation she is saying. So, internet, I bid you to keep me honest and check up on me and my brilliant plan of ackshun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home