BOOKS: 'Mission Dickens' Complete
Done. 100%. 229 of 229. And, despite the slow start, I liked it. In fact, I really enjoyed reading Hard Times. I guess there's something to this dude after all... :-) I enjoyed the language. As well I found his scathing commentary on capitalism and the bourgeois interesting - or at least... scathing...
Previous
and
Previously
and
Before That
and
First Dickens Post
Now... what do I read next? I kind of feel like keeping on this track and reading another classic - Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice was what I was planning on while reading Hard Times. But then I also have a hanging to reread Reading Lolita in Tehran, and I have just received as a gift Shooting Water (about Deepa Mehta's filming of Water - loooove her...Totally dying to read this). Also I wanted to start reading (finally) It's the Crude, Dude by Linda McQuaig (it's been on my shelf since it came out)....
Arg. And there are only about a hundred more on my shelves, feeling lonely. Roddy Doyle, Gatsby, Wayne Johnson, Deafening, Maya Angelou... Plus I saw Protocols of Zion
this week, and it started me thinking about religion, so I decided while watching it that I wanted to read 3 books (that are on my shelf) about Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. And when leaving the theatre, I went next door and found a book called The Fire This Time for $1.93 that looks interesting.
I love/hate this part... Arg.
I'm leaning towards Lolita, and I'll read Water at the same time.
Previous
and
Previously
and
Before That
and
First Dickens Post
Now... what do I read next? I kind of feel like keeping on this track and reading another classic - Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice was what I was planning on while reading Hard Times. But then I also have a hanging to reread Reading Lolita in Tehran, and I have just received as a gift Shooting Water (about Deepa Mehta's filming of Water - loooove her...Totally dying to read this). Also I wanted to start reading (finally) It's the Crude, Dude by Linda McQuaig (it's been on my shelf since it came out)....
Arg. And there are only about a hundred more on my shelves, feeling lonely. Roddy Doyle, Gatsby, Wayne Johnson, Deafening, Maya Angelou... Plus I saw Protocols of Zion
this week, and it started me thinking about religion, so I decided while watching it that I wanted to read 3 books (that are on my shelf) about Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. And when leaving the theatre, I went next door and found a book called The Fire This Time for $1.93 that looks interesting.
I love/hate this part... Arg.
I'm leaning towards Lolita, and I'll read Water at the same time.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home