Monday, January 02, 2006

I love lists...

And so I l lo-oove this time of year, with it Ten Best Lists, Top 100's, and "Year in Review"s in so many different categories. Because I love lists, I also like making New Year's Resolutions. So I know it's hip now to say "I don't make New Year's Resolutions" but it's all cold outside, and things are quiet, so it's a nice time to imagine how perfect I am going to make my life this year... In 2005 I made 16 resolutions. This year many of them are the same, a few taken off, a few added. Here's 10:

New Year’s Resolutions, 2006

  • Keep groceries in the house
  • Plan menus and eat properly
  • Be more physically active – swim during weekdays, ski, snowboard, x-c ski, snowshoe, ride bike on weekends
  • Have more weekend adventures – eg. Quebec Ice Hotel, Niagra Falls, Georgian Bay, Quebec Winter Carnival, dog sledding, winter camping, Lake Superior
  • Keep house clean
  • Meditate every day – at least 10 minutes
  • Do more yoga
  • Empty the dishwasher when it’s clean
  • Keep Spanish up – 1 weekly class, 1 weekly conversation, 1 weekly newspaper article, 1 film. Reach 'advanced' by next New Year.
Edit - Added:
As I look over this list I realize it's probably almost exactly the same list that I have made for the past 15 years... Hm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home