I hate change.
Today was Anthony Germaine's last day on CBC's Saturday morning Canadian politics show, The House. He is also the host of Ottawa Morning, the daily morning show here. He announced his departure yesterday to Ottawans. Let me tell YOU, I sat bolt upright in bed at 7:20 am - and very few things can make that happen! He is one of my two favorite CBC personalities ever (Anthony Germaine and Brent Bambury, also hosts of my 2 favorite shows - Go and The House, both on Saturday mornings. The three of us have spent many a Saturday morning together while they said brilliant, hilarious, important things, and I ate chocolate in my bed, lounging under the covers, listening to their shows from 9 am to 11:30 am (oh, the life of the childless...)).
Brent and Anthony are the smartest, funniest, funniest, smartest, CBC hosts ever. Brent, (who I have an autographed pic of thanks to my friend Alia) also used to host the daily Ottawa 4 pm show, All in a Day, and left me this past June - moved away from Ottawa to Toronto - to find himself. The nerve. And NOW Anthony has decided to leave me for some two-bit post as Bureau Chief of a brand new CBC bureau in Shanghai, China. Ya. Seriously. How dare they. Did I mention that I HATE change?!?! Anthony cried this morning when he said good-bye. Well I guess so! Traitor... (Just kidding. I can take another broken heart, in the interests of AG's illustrious career. At least now he'll be famous like my idol Adrienne Arsenault...)
Picture of Anthony in Ottawa that I took here...
Picture of my autographed Brent photo here...
Damn.
Brent and Anthony are the smartest, funniest, funniest, smartest, CBC hosts ever. Brent, (who I have an autographed pic of thanks to my friend Alia) also used to host the daily Ottawa 4 pm show, All in a Day, and left me this past June - moved away from Ottawa to Toronto - to find himself. The nerve. And NOW Anthony has decided to leave me for some two-bit post as Bureau Chief of a brand new CBC bureau in Shanghai, China. Ya. Seriously. How dare they. Did I mention that I HATE change?!?! Anthony cried this morning when he said good-bye. Well I guess so! Traitor... (Just kidding. I can take another broken heart, in the interests of AG's illustrious career. At least now he'll be famous like my idol Adrienne Arsenault...)
Picture of Anthony in Ottawa that I took here...
Picture of my autographed Brent photo here...
Damn.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home