Films Lately
I'm glad that I had already seen Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice before I saw the trailer last night... I know, I know, you read the book and know how it ends, but I hadn't read the book yet (I discuss the embarrassing gaps in my reading habits here), so I'm glad I didn't see the trailer first, which completely nutshells the film - including the ending...
Last night I went to a double-bill at the Mayfair of Moulin Rouge and Rent... So excellent!!! Moulin Rouge was visually spectacular, and so I'm glad that my first time (yes, I was the one, the only person left in the free world who hadn't yet seen it) seeing it was on the big screen. I soooo enjoyed it... I have a new respect for Nicole Kidman. News alert - she's a very good actress. (Yes, I always realize these things far later than the rest of the world...)
Rent was excellent - the music in the first half wasn't really my thing, but the events of the second half won me over - it was so good. Ugh - haven't cried that much in a movie for a long time...
Last night I went to a double-bill at the Mayfair of Moulin Rouge and Rent... So excellent!!! Moulin Rouge was visually spectacular, and so I'm glad that my first time (yes, I was the one, the only person left in the free world who hadn't yet seen it) seeing it was on the big screen. I soooo enjoyed it... I have a new respect for Nicole Kidman. News alert - she's a very good actress. (Yes, I always realize these things far later than the rest of the world...)
Rent was excellent - the music in the first half wasn't really my thing, but the events of the second half won me over - it was so good. Ugh - haven't cried that much in a movie for a long time...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home