BOOKS: Dickens Update...
Welllllll.... it was a busy weekend, what with hair to wash and CD's to alphebetize...
Just kidding. I am now actually enjoying the book. After skiing I fixed me-self one hot bubble bath, one hot chocolate, and one ... Dickens book, and read until my frostbite had thawed. There's something about the language in Hard Times that has me pulling out my copies of Jane Eyre, Sense and Sensibility and Anna Karenina, thinking that I want to keep on with the whole Old-Fashioned buks trend and read themthere classics next. Strange - they've been on my shelf for eons, begging to be read, and I have denied them until now. I even glanced suspiciously at my copy of War and Peace though I think that was just a moment of temporary insanity.
Jason lent us his copy of the first season of 24 yesterday. We watched season 2 a couple of years ago, and seriously we were addicted. We have obsessive-compulsive-addictive personalities anyways, and throw a whole season of 24 at us on DVD and we hain't leaving the house until we're desperate for food after we've eaten our way through the stockpile of canned-beans-that-we-keep-in-the-cupboard-in-case-of-natural-disaster and the freezer-burnt spaghetti sauce in the deep freeze. Last night we watched the first 5 episodes (interspersed with my unmissable Grey's Anatomy b/c I heart Sandra Oh...).
Oh right, Dickens. So.... let me get out my trusty calculator (uh - I meant calculate that in my head!) - I'm on page 152... carry the seven... I'm 66.38% finished. Oh, and I like it.
xoxo
Just kidding. I am now actually enjoying the book. After skiing I fixed me-self one hot bubble bath, one hot chocolate, and one ... Dickens book, and read until my frostbite had thawed. There's something about the language in Hard Times that has me pulling out my copies of Jane Eyre, Sense and Sensibility and Anna Karenina, thinking that I want to keep on with the whole Old-Fashioned buks trend and read themthere classics next. Strange - they've been on my shelf for eons, begging to be read, and I have denied them until now. I even glanced suspiciously at my copy of War and Peace though I think that was just a moment of temporary insanity.
Jason lent us his copy of the first season of 24 yesterday. We watched season 2 a couple of years ago, and seriously we were addicted. We have obsessive-compulsive-addictive personalities anyways, and throw a whole season of 24 at us on DVD and we hain't leaving the house until we're desperate for food after we've eaten our way through the stockpile of canned-beans-that-we-keep-in-the-cupboard-in-case-of-natural-disaster and the freezer-burnt spaghetti sauce in the deep freeze. Last night we watched the first 5 episodes (interspersed with my unmissable Grey's Anatomy b/c I heart Sandra Oh...).
Oh right, Dickens. So.... let me get out my trusty calculator (uh - I meant calculate that in my head!) - I'm on page 152... carry the seven... I'm 66.38% finished. Oh, and I like it.
xoxo
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home