Thursday, December 22, 2005

Peruvian Breakfasts

The other day I was talking with 2 Australian girls and a Peruvian guy, and one of the girls said, ¨I love the Peruvian breakfast! The bread, tea, juice, and strawberry jam that you get everywhere is so good! I`m totally going to keep eating Peruvian breakfasts when I go home...¨

The thing is, that is NOTHING like a Peruvian breakfast. It`s what Peruvians feed to tourists. Peruvians eat soups, rice and bean dishes, and meat for breakfast. Our guide and porters on the Inca Trail can´t stand the gross Gringo food that they have to eat for breakfast on the trail (pancakes, omeletes, porridge, jam, etc).

The point of my story is that I picture her going home and telling her people how good the Peruvian breakfasts are... Even though I do my best not to, I probably tell Peruvian breakfast stories all the time in this blog, so I just wanted to say remember to take what I say with a grain of salt, cuz probly I have no idea what I´m talking about either and I´d hate to think that I was spreading Peruvian breakfasts all over Canada....

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home