Onwards...
I have now left Cusco, where I was ''living'' for the past 2.5 weeks. It was a bit sad to leave, as it's nice to be somewhere where you know your way around and a few locals know you and ask you where you were and how you are...
Anyways, today I took the bus to Puno, which is on Lake Titicaca. It is the highest navigable lake in the world at around 4000 metres. Tomorrow I will go out to visit some of the islands in the lake - the floating islands and another set. The following day I take the bus to Arequipa (the first place I went when I arrived in Peru) to see the Volcano El Misti and maybe the Colca Canyon (deepest in the world - last year found to be the SECOND deepest by 165 metres).
I´m doing great, still thanking my lucky stars that my track-side meal on the long trek home didn't wreak havoc with my digestive system... Touch wood...
I met up with some friends who happened to be on the same bus, so we had dinner together. There was a beautiful festival for Christmas in the main square with dancing and music. Buses are getting harder to book as locals start travelling for Xmas, and I´m having to plan ahead more than I like to. At this point (only 6 days left) a lost day due to a full bus means I have to miss a destination so I´m trying to stay organized.
Anyways, I hope you are surviving the snow and I look forward to a white Xmas when I return...
xoxo
Anyways, today I took the bus to Puno, which is on Lake Titicaca. It is the highest navigable lake in the world at around 4000 metres. Tomorrow I will go out to visit some of the islands in the lake - the floating islands and another set. The following day I take the bus to Arequipa (the first place I went when I arrived in Peru) to see the Volcano El Misti and maybe the Colca Canyon (deepest in the world - last year found to be the SECOND deepest by 165 metres).
I´m doing great, still thanking my lucky stars that my track-side meal on the long trek home didn't wreak havoc with my digestive system... Touch wood...
I met up with some friends who happened to be on the same bus, so we had dinner together. There was a beautiful festival for Christmas in the main square with dancing and music. Buses are getting harder to book as locals start travelling for Xmas, and I´m having to plan ahead more than I like to. At this point (only 6 days left) a lost day due to a full bus means I have to miss a destination so I´m trying to stay organized.
Anyways, I hope you are surviving the snow and I look forward to a white Xmas when I return...
xoxo
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home