Mi amigo Roger
(pronounced R, O-as in boat, g as in H, er as in Air) -- Roher
I have two new amigos - Roger and Sergio. They are ten and nine year-old postcard kids. They sell postcards to tourists in the plazas. Business isn´t great these days, as it´s the low season, so they have time to chat. They go to school from 8 until 1, and then sell postcards most days, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Roger has 3 sisters, and Sergio seems to have six sisters, but my Spanish could be a bit - shall we say - OFF. I think he said he lives with six women.... :-)
Neither are married. :-) Roger because he doesn´t have a girlfriend (nobia), and Sergio because he thinks he´s too young to get married. No niños either, same reasons. :-) They think that I need a nobio, and incessently ask whoever I happen to be with at the moment if they are my nobio. :-) I like nine-year-olds... Roger is a very good artist, and drew a picture of the cathedral at the top of the plaza, in my notebook whle we ate a banana.
They correct my Spanish. I like talking to kids, becasue they talk about stuff that I know the words for. :-)
I also found out today from shoe-shine kid (generally they are older, maybe 14 or so - and cocky as hell) that the president of Peru, President Toledo, is a donkey who has a French girlfriend. Fascinating.
xoxo
I have two new amigos - Roger and Sergio. They are ten and nine year-old postcard kids. They sell postcards to tourists in the plazas. Business isn´t great these days, as it´s the low season, so they have time to chat. They go to school from 8 until 1, and then sell postcards most days, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Roger has 3 sisters, and Sergio seems to have six sisters, but my Spanish could be a bit - shall we say - OFF. I think he said he lives with six women.... :-)
Neither are married. :-) Roger because he doesn´t have a girlfriend (nobia), and Sergio because he thinks he´s too young to get married. No niños either, same reasons. :-) They think that I need a nobio, and incessently ask whoever I happen to be with at the moment if they are my nobio. :-) I like nine-year-olds... Roger is a very good artist, and drew a picture of the cathedral at the top of the plaza, in my notebook whle we ate a banana.
They correct my Spanish. I like talking to kids, becasue they talk about stuff that I know the words for. :-)
I also found out today from shoe-shine kid (generally they are older, maybe 14 or so - and cocky as hell) that the president of Peru, President Toledo, is a donkey who has a French girlfriend. Fascinating.
xoxo
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home