Friday, November 04, 2005

Sydney

Well, we're having a very lovely time in Sydney. It's a very, very pretty city. We've walked about 10,000 miles, and it's all been very nice. We had a few beach days, took the ferry across the harbour to Manly Beach day before yesterday, and also spent time at Bondi Beach yesterday. We've done some shopping and lots more walking, checked out the Sydney Opera House and harbour bridge (Mike and Lisa walked across it), Darling Harbour (kind of like the causeway in Victoria idea), Paddington (a sort of trendy strip with lots of shops, pubs, cafes, etc), Kings Cross (strip joints and ladies of the night), Darlinghurst (they call it "a place for bright young urbanites (read: gay district)), downtown, and a few others. All have been super nice - we have never felt unsafe or weird in this city, it's very clean, safe, pretty, and friendly.

The wedding is tomorrow (Sunday) so I'll try to post a few pics if I figure out how, but no guarantees... We took Barry for his stag last night, and did a pub crawl. It was fun - it was me and Lisa's first Stag party!!! :-) We felt very cool. We were disappointed though, it wasn't quite how we pictured a stag - no naked girls, but oh well, maybe the next one. ;-) I got ID'd, and then they didn't believe it was me on my ID! I guess they didn't believe I was 30, in my pigtails. I don't blame them...

Today is the rehearsal and tonight is the rehearsal dinner at a seafood restaurant with a harbour view, so we will act like grown-ups. The wedding is at a church near Bondi Beach, and the reception is a cruise of the Sydney harbour! Should be excellent. Kerry and Ruth (my aunt and uncle, the groom's parents) got in yesterday. Everything went well, but they were super tired. We invited them to the stag but they ended up passing as they were too tired. Maybe we would have gotten to go to the nudie bar if they had come... Darn it guys!!!!!
:-)

Anyways, we're having a great time, drinking enough beer for all those who couldn't be here, and enjoying the city very much.

Love to you all!!!
xoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home