Landed in Peru
Arequipa, Peru
Well, I have finally arrived in Peru after a whole LOT of flying, hotels, and airports. Whew. Sydney-Hong Kong-LA-Miami-Lima-Arequipa. I don´t even want to know how many hours it´s been - I think we left on Tuesday (Canada time), and its now Friday afternoon. Ive been in transit that whole time.
I am well and safe, and staying in the town of Arequipa. I flew here straight from Lima on a last minute idea, because I want to start Spanish classes on Monday in Cusco, which is quite a high altitude (3326 m - my highest Ive been is 3636), and I thought I might as well come to Arequipa for some altitude acclimatization (2325m). It is almost certainly being overly cautious, but well, that´s me when I´m by myself. I plan to fly to Cusco on Sunday.
I´m having a bit of first day nerves - I´ll be fine tomorrow after a good night´s sleep! It´s been awhile. My body is pretty confused by the time changes, hopefully tomorrow will be back on track. I just remember one of my favorite quotes (shown to me by Nfld Lisa) -- Everything I have ever done that was worthwhile, initially scared me to death. -- That´s from Betty someone, and another thing that I have realized over the years is that how great of an experience something is is always directly proportional to how scared I was at the beginning (eg. other trips, my job when I first started, etc), so I know that this is going to be a great experience.
I am staying at a nice friendly place where I hope to meet other travellers. The city is quite pretty and very interesting. It will be nice to get to Cusco, as I will meet people and settle in for a bit. I am doing fine with my Spanish, it seems to be coming back. I can definitely get around - travellers spanish, so that is very very helpful!!!!
Email is cheap and plentiful so I hope to email a bit more regularly.
The keyboards are a bit different, so bear with my typos.
Ányways, just wnted to check in, and let you know that things are great.
Love you all lots and lots! I do still have regular email - some of you were asking.
xoxo
Kim
Well, I have finally arrived in Peru after a whole LOT of flying, hotels, and airports. Whew. Sydney-Hong Kong-LA-Miami-Lima-Arequipa. I don´t even want to know how many hours it´s been - I think we left on Tuesday (Canada time), and its now Friday afternoon. Ive been in transit that whole time.
I am well and safe, and staying in the town of Arequipa. I flew here straight from Lima on a last minute idea, because I want to start Spanish classes on Monday in Cusco, which is quite a high altitude (3326 m - my highest Ive been is 3636), and I thought I might as well come to Arequipa for some altitude acclimatization (2325m). It is almost certainly being overly cautious, but well, that´s me when I´m by myself. I plan to fly to Cusco on Sunday.
I´m having a bit of first day nerves - I´ll be fine tomorrow after a good night´s sleep! It´s been awhile. My body is pretty confused by the time changes, hopefully tomorrow will be back on track. I just remember one of my favorite quotes (shown to me by Nfld Lisa) -- Everything I have ever done that was worthwhile, initially scared me to death. -- That´s from Betty someone, and another thing that I have realized over the years is that how great of an experience something is is always directly proportional to how scared I was at the beginning (eg. other trips, my job when I first started, etc), so I know that this is going to be a great experience.
I am staying at a nice friendly place where I hope to meet other travellers. The city is quite pretty and very interesting. It will be nice to get to Cusco, as I will meet people and settle in for a bit. I am doing fine with my Spanish, it seems to be coming back. I can definitely get around - travellers spanish, so that is very very helpful!!!!
Email is cheap and plentiful so I hope to email a bit more regularly.
The keyboards are a bit different, so bear with my typos.
Ányways, just wnted to check in, and let you know that things are great.
Love you all lots and lots! I do still have regular email - some of you were asking.
xoxo
Kim
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home