Sunday, November 27, 2005

Cusco

I arrived in Cusco today - it´s beautiful! I really like it and it will be a nice place to stay for a bit. It´s surrounded by mountains (always a good thing) and is very pretty. I am planning to study for one week here, and then my spanish school also has a campus in a small village in the Sacred Valley, called Urubamba. If there are a min of 6 people they will run a week of classes there, so I hope that works out. It would be similar to what I did in Costa Rica, which I really enjoyed. If not I will likely spend my second week in Cusco, and do a home-stay with a family.

Nothing much to report... just one thing I wondered at first today... why do the little traditionally-dressed kids carry baby goats around with them? (ooohh, becuase it makes the money-kip photos cuter... (inside joke)) They are pretty cute, all dressed in their layers of bright pink, yellow, purple etc brocade, with their baby goats in a sling... I fear that paying them for a photo however is encouraging them to stay out of school to earn $... at least that was the case in other countries I was in. I´ll have to seek the opinion of a Cusceño...

I hopefully will start schoooooool tomorrow... FLUENT. I will be FLUENT!!!! (ya right.)

Adios for now.
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home