Monday, August 22, 2005

Sunday Ride Report – Sunday, August 20, 2005

by kdmacken @ 2005-08-22 - 11:00:57

Pains: Kim – left ankle, left knee, left elbow, left side of neck,
Kent – shoulders, quad left over from Wednesday crash

Bruises: Kim – hamstrings, quads, left upper arm

Fun Factor (Out of 10) : 9.5

Report - Course was good – a little slippery due to 3 days of rain, but the weather was perfectly beautiful. Sunny, breeze. Had a great day, rode with Jason and Kent today. LEARNED to drop/huck! Yay me! Successfully did around six drops plus numerous tiny "drops", one unsuccessful drop resulting in a bit of a ringer but nothing serious. My drop to nose manual didn’t quite stick the way Macki’s do... ? and I landed on my front, smacking the right side of my head on the ground – god bless the full-face helmet. I’m very happy that I have learned to drop. Also, cleaned the Dump three times!!!!! Whoo-hooo!!!!! :D Did it for the first time on Wednesday.:yes:
I also cleaned all three shore stunts on National as part of the trail, plus the tricky (for me) pipes at the entrance to the shore section and the steep after the A-Frame and the schnarby section right after.

Kent and Jason are soooo patient, teaching me new lines and hard parts, and waiting for me. Kent is the best coach ever.

New trails learned on Wednesday – Bill's Run, bottom of Hareway to Steven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home