Ride Report - Sunday, August 28, 2005
@ 2005-08-29 - 12:48:46Ow.
Bruises - Kim: it would be faster to tell you where I don't have bruises.
Pains - Kim: Imagine getting punched in the stomach with a square piece of steel with 130 pounds of body weight behind it plus a few km/hour of speed behind you, and then landing on your head from about 3-4 feet in the air. Ow. Pawing the ground in pain ow.
Pains - Kent: Bike tattooed on his arm in 2 places and torso in one place (ow!) and giant bump on his quad - ow. Plus pulled pec muscles on both sides, and a few other pains.
This Sunday's ride was nice. We both called it in a bit early due to some painful crashes. I hit a nasty rock at a good clip after a burm on Salamander, and drilled my stem into my stomach, and then went over the bars landing on my head. Crunch. Laughing, sneezing, coughing, and lifting, walking fast, or sitting or standing quickly are not allowed today. My neck is pretty stiff but fine, Alhamdulillah. I also have an invisible bruise on my right cheek bone. I did a run on Caitlin's full suspension Balfa BB7 - wow riding hurts a lot less on that thing. Heavier than I'm used to and less agile, but you don't need quite as much agility when you have 6 inches of suspension in the front and a spine-saving shock on the back to suck up your mistakes. Really enjoyed it.
This was ride number 13 of 18!!!! Whoo hoo!
Kent took a few solid crashes and also rode Caitlin's BB7. He's very fast and good - I think he should buy a squishy next year. I'd even be willing to sacrifice my new full-suspension bike that I'll get after 18 rides on my hard-tail, and ride another season on the Kaos if it means he could get a fully.
All in all, good day, though painful all around.
Sunday after riding went swimming with Mike and Caitlin at Meech Lake. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great. Then icecream (mint chocolate and mango sorbet in a sugar cone), and then off to the Rolling Stones concert.
Also, I rode on Saturday with Sheila. It was GREAT. Tim took pics of us, can't wait to see them! We did 4 solid runs before leaving early so Sheila could go to a wedding. Great riding, no painful crashes, and hopefully some wicked photos. Super fun riding with Sheila as always!
Good times - good day!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home